Monday, November 06, 2006

Aquaman at the Post Office!

As I was sending something off (um...to no one in particular) at the post office today I finally decided to purchase the set of stamps commemorating DC Comics super-heroes that came out this last summer. All my favorites are on it! Here's a pic I found of them on the web (I scanned them in, but thought I'd get in trouble for posting them on the net, since they're considered legal tender...):


Here, though, is a scan of the backside (pause), that I was incredibly happy and surprised to discover:


A pop quiz on these DC legends may be given at any moment- so read up!

Okay, now that you read all the mini-bios on Superman, Hawkman, Wonder Woman, etc. I have to impart upon you all my giddiness for what I found next at the post office! Wow, oh wow!!!!! It was like a dream, slow-motion and all, I was completing my transaction and I kinda turn to the left, and there up over on the far wall are a bunch of matted pictures, and this was one of them:

Whoop-whoop! My soul lit up on sight- Happy Day!!!! It's drawn by either Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Dick Giordano, or both. I know both of these men were the masters of DC's promotional art of the late 1970's and early 80's. Any product: t-shirts, stickers, lunchboxes, beach-towels. Their art was what you saw. I love it!
Extra bonus! This, what I think is an envelope, is on the bottom of the matted picture (scanned separtately cuz my scanner isn't big enough). It has the postmarking of the stamp, this case Aquaman; but what I'm really grooving on, again, is the art!!!!! This is my idea of what comic art is all about. Crisp and fun!

No comments: